Monday, March 21, 2011

Affordable Make Up Series: Part 1 E.L.F. Cosmetics

So I have a lot of people ask me daily what make up do i use and if its affordable.  That gave me an idea to introduce 3 of my favorite brands that i use daily that are of good quality and affordable! The first Brand I will be introducing is E.L.F. or Eyes Lips Face. This line was introduced to me last Christmas while in Target. The products I'm most fond of would be from the studio line which is of higher quality than their regular line. Their prices range from $1-$6 depending on what products you purchase. first thing is the eyebrow kit i live by this product! one side is wax the other powder it defines your eyebrows very well and stays on all day! Only $3. Next is the make up mist and set spray also $3 use this product as a make up refresher as well as to set make up like a finishing spray.  Very comparable to MAC Fix +.  The ELF studio line offers a wide variety of eye shadows in single and palettes. i have also tried 2 of their pigments which i will post swatches of in passionate purple and golden goddess. Now have anyone tried the Make up Forever HD Powder!? well if u loved it ull love this it is the exact same quality and works really well only difference ELF offers this great product for only $6 compared to MUF full size for $39.  i use this product alot as well LOVE IT!  I love the primer and eyeliner seal only $3 and works great no creasing with the primer which is a A+++  last but not least the brushes in this line are very affordable only $3 each and they are phenomenal i have used mac brushes and these brushes i would recommend to get if ur looking for that quality with a budget.  All of the brushes are  made of soft synthetic hair taklon fibers. i have not tried the foundation or powders yet blog coming soon on those as well as blush. again the studio line is a higher end of their products but they have an large selection in the regular line as well and i have used products from there with no complaints should really check them out trust me you wont be disappointed! you can find ELF at E.L.F. and at select Target stores.

5 of the brushes from studio line

Products ive purchased and used

pigment swatches/ single shadow swatch in coffee bean

3 comments:

  1. OMG ...YES I love the elf brand .. I've been using their brushes for a while now. But u have definitely informed me on some other products that I didnt even know the offer ... like the primer...

    I really love ur blog .. Keep it up!!!

    Sincerlery - A Fan =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! You look so fantastic xo!

    Check me out if you get a chance! Thanks hun =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! i sure will, dont for get to follow me <3

    ReplyDelete